1. Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in South Africa.
2. We may collect the information outlined below:
· Name / Username
· Phone Numbers
· Email Addresses
· Mailing Addresses
· Job Titles
· Billing Addresses
Use of Information
4. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
· To personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
· To improve our website/app (we continually strive to improve our website/app offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
· To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
· To process transactions
· To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
· To send periodic emails
Collecting information on Registered members
5. As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
6. Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, subscription options, purchased products, company name, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
Credit Card Payment Details
7. Siyandza does not store or collect banking details, credit card or debit card details. We utilise a secure 3rd party payment gateway service provider to process payments for any provider and/or services purchased on our website. Siyandza will only store a record of billing transactions relating to invoices and statement of products and/or services.
Google Maps API
8. Google Maps API is a robust tool that can be used to create a custom map, a searchable map, check-in functions, display live data synching with location, plan routes, or create a mashup just to name a few.
9. Google Maps API may collect information from you and from your device for security purposes.
11. Local Storage sometimes known as DOM storage, provides web apps with methods and protocols for storing client-side data. Web storage supports persistent data storage, similar to cookies but with a greatly enhanced capacity and no information stored in the HTTP request header.
12. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
13. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
14. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
15. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
16. As part of our business operations your information is stored on servers located in South Africa.
17. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information for Users
18. IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
19. Cookies and Applets
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site.
General Data Protection Regulation
20. GDPR is an EU-wide privacy and data protection law that regulates how EU residents’ data is protected by companies and enhances the control the EU residents have, over their personal data.
21. The GDPR is relevant to any globally operating company and not just the EU-based businesses and EU residents. Our customers’ data is important irrespective of where they are located, which is why we have implemented GDPR controls as our baseline standard for all our operations worldwide.
22. We ensure we manage any data we collect from you in accordance with the GDPR where applicable.
Access to Information
23. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you wish to obtain a copy of, modify, or delete any information held about you, you may contact our Information Officer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to have this done.
24. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
25. We provide links to Websites outside of our websites, as well as to third party Websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Website and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
Last updated on 11 November 2021