Over a period of five years, Siyandza has partnered with a major importer and distributor in the South African automotive industry, providing an enterprise learning platform for over 2,500 staff nation-wide.
Several gaps were identified with their previous learning strategy, eLearning platform and content, specifically with how dealership staff were trained online. Most notably, the gaps identified included:
- Learners experienced a disjointed and fragmented learning path.
- Content could not easily be removed from training programmes.
- The online learning solution did not allow the flexibility required to change the content users could see, or make changes real time.
- Online learning assessments were not effective, as staff would share files containing the answers to assessments. This behaviour made it easy for users to pass without learning the content and or completing the online course.
- Learning was not modularised in the environment.
- Online learning platform was not mobile friendly.
- Specific, advanced reporting was needed, based on engagement on the system.
The company already utilised a LMS which provided limited functionality and required all changes to content had to be handled by the LMS provider. Reporting was basic and not customised to the company’s requirements. Content had to be accessed from dealerships across the country, resulting in high costs and slow response times. Assessment was limited to basic question structures.
Siyandza implemented our Enterprise Learning Platform with a full change management and communications programme to drive user take-up and create a sense of excitement. Within three years it was evident that technology had evolved and new functionality was required, hence Siyandza embarked on a full ELP upgrade
Moving from a platform offering access to digital learning, assessments and a document library, the newly upgraded platform now offers a range of features that enhance learning, performance assessment and employee engagement.
- A personalised dashboard that displays the e-learning courses, assessments and classroom training relevant to each user.
- A fully mobile responsive framework to ensure that content displays effectively and is easy to navigate on any hand-held device.
- A flexible assessment framework that enables managers to conduct on-the-job performance assessments in the workplace and capture their results directly into the ELP.
- A curriculum structure directly linked to classroom training and the accreditation framework used within the company.
- A full gamification module which allocates points and badges to users and enables dealerships, regions and provinces to compete against one another.
- An enhanced reporting framework which enables learning to be monitored and provides clear insights into the perfomance, impact and enhancement requirements within dealerships.
Staff across 119 dealerships are able to access digital content on a device of their choice. Reporting is immediate and seamless. Gamification has resulted in a 78% increase in engagement.
One of our users says:
”For me, it’s really addictive! Every time I have my phone in my hand I end up completing a module... It’s awesome, I love it.”
Enhancements to the ELP are always tailored to industry requirements with best practice user experience. No two systems are alike but all industries will have the full list of features available to them.
Siyandza prides itself on building market leading enterprise learning platforms that are customised to meet our clients' particular requirements and are continuously enhanced to reflect changing market trends. Click here to setup your free demo.